Friday, March 4, 2011

Autism Speaks! Charitable Warmer

Now that the new Scentsy catalog is out, the latest charitable warmer is available. This season Scentsy is raising awareness and money for  Autism Speaks. Autism Speaks is "dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for autism; increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders; and advocating for the needs of individuals with autism and their families."
The Piece-by-Piece warmer is close to my heart for personal and professional reasons. Personally, I have a nephew who is on the spectrum. Professionally, I am a special educator who has taught at the secondary and postsecondary levels. I know how autism can affect an individual and a family, and I am pleased that all proceeds from the sale of this warmer will be donated to Autism Speaks. The Piece-by-Piece warmer costs $35.

No comments:

Post a Comment